Talk to HostGator Live on July 29 at 8 PM CT

Written by Douglas Hanna

Wednesday, July 15th, 2009

Update: Thanks to all of those who participated! Our second Open Session was a success. A recording of the session is available on this page.

Due to the success of the first Open Session we hosted a couple of weeks ago, we’re hosting another one soon. This Open Session will be held on Wednesday, July 29 at 8 PM CT.

Just like last time, this Open Session will be a chance for both potential and existing HostGator customers to come into a live chat with other customers and HostGator employees and get tips, information, and have a chance to ask questions and get answers from the people who make the decisions at HostGator. Participants can either call in or just listen on their computers. There is also a text chat for people who would prefer to type their questions.

Some of the things we’ll be discussing include:

• Tips and suggestions on how to get the most out of your HostGator account from senior system administrators
  • Discussion of HostGator’s upcoming Windows Shared Hosting launch, including questions and answers with the person in charge of Windows hosting here at HostGator
  • Questions and answers about anything related to HostGator, ranging from what our servers support to what we eat for lunch in the office
  • Discounts and/or free hosting to some participants who ask great questions.

Like last time, we’re planning on having our Deputy CTO, Chief Marketing Officer, and Customer Service Manager lead this Open Session. These three people are able to answer just about any question you can think of related to HostGator. There will also be senior support people available to answer more general questions and help out as needed.

Logistics:
TalkShoe worked well for us last time and we’ll be using it again for this Open Session. If you live outside of the US central timezone, check out this site for a list of corresponding times around the world. Right before 8 PM CT on Wednesday, head over to this page for instructions on how to join the session (it’s very simple).

Overview:
What: HostGator Open Session
When: Wednesday, July 29, 2009 at 8 PM CT
Where: HostGator on TalkShoe

Customer Service, Events
Comments

17 Responses to Talk to HostGator Live on July 29 at 8 PM CT

1. Chimpie says:

I really enjoyed the first session and am looking forward to this one.

Can you Tweet this in the days and hours leading up to the event as well?

2. I just want to let you know that I found HostGator through the Niche Blue Print guys and I am totally impressed with you. You blow my other hosting companies out of the water and I am switching other accounts to you.

I live overseas and your 24X7 chat is a lifesaver. But not just because it’s there – but because each and every one of the techs I have had the pleasure to chat with is helpful, knowledgeable, and responds quickly.

I recommend you guys to everyone I know.

Thanks,
    Ted

3. John Moore says:

I am also impressed with your service. Live chat and being able to pay your bill with paypal allows me to use your service effectively from Thailand. I use your reseller program and switched from Cari.net which was a complete nightmare compared to your service.

John Moore

4. Great!!

I’ve been waiting for such an opportunity way long in the past, some of my questions keep as such, because I feel ashamed to ask for so much details over the support chat or by tickets.

I’ll be certainly there.

5. CM says:

Nice of you to offer this webinar but it is inaccessible. I am unable to hear but hope you consider to offer a different kind of webinar which works for people who cannot hear.

Thanks, CM

• CM,

Thanks for your comment. We can (and should) look into some alternatives to accommodate people who have trouble hearing. There is a text chat as part of the open session, so if you wanted to join and type your questions and request that we also type the answers, we could definitely do that.

6. tarun says:

I am also impressed with your service hats off 2 u guys !!

7. Daniel Gardner says:

I’ve said this in the past…but after 3 years of hosting with HG, I still say it: HostGator is awesome. If you’re thinking of hosting with them, don’t delay. They ARE the best.

8. Gorka says:

Hello,

Please, repeat this again soon but before 3 pm there because 8 pm is 3 am (of Thursday in Spain) here, and I cannot assist so late at night. Not just for me but for thousands of people who don’t live in the USA. As your timezone is -6h, the equal for a huge part of the world is at night, so plase, bear this in mind.

Thanks!

9. Michael Tan says:

Hi I use Window and am fearful(never use) of Linux. But currently you only offer Linux web hosting. Do I need to wait for your upcoming Window web hosting? What is the difference actually?

10. Douglas says:

Michael,

Great question. We’ll answer it during the Open Session!

11. Nanette says:

Just wanted to thank all techs at host gator and congratulate you on your wonderful service including and not limited to: customer service and tech help.

I am really satisfied with Host Gator. Keep up the outstanding service!!

Nanette
    MiaBellaBaskets.com

12. Michael G. says:

Hey,

Currently i have been a proud customer for HostGator for about 2-3 years. I sadly missed the open session i was wondering if the answers and questions could be made available to those unable to attend the event.

– Michael G

13. Douglas says:

Michael,

I just updated the post to include a link to the recording. That should do the trick for you.

14. SEO Company says:

Thanks to you HostGator , You are a wonderful host I really love to join your sessions.

15. jermar monuments says:

I found your article and shared links very beautiful and nice… You have raise very important point here in this blog. ? Cheap Headstones | Grave monuments

16. Vivek Saxena says: