HostGator has partnered with RankSense SEO Tools to give away a free 30-day trial for RankSense and a recurring 20% OFF discount, all with a 90-day money back guarantee. Use coupon code: hostgator and sign up now for the special offer. This offer is valid for all HostGator Web Hosting customers and blog readers.
Search engine optimization (SEO) is all the rage these days. There’s a whole market that has developed around SEO services and tools and a lot of hype and fluff that tends to confuse and complicate things for the average web site owner.
Simply put, SEO is the process of ranking higher in the search engines (Google, MSN Live, Yahoo) to increase traffic. For most websites, increased traffic translates into higher sales, so there is no disputing the importance of practicing good SEO techniques.
Since search engines have secret algorithms that determine where a website ranks in their search results, there are tons of myths and piles of misinformation out there on the ‘net. Time after time, I’ve spoken with customers who are angry and feel misled because an SEO firm or consulting company promised that the customer’s site would rank on page one in Google. Unfortunately, most of the time, this is just not possible, and the majority of these offers and promises should be quickly dismissed.
Even with all of the myths and wrong information out there, there are still some generally accepted rules and tips on how to best optimize your website to rank well. On our SEO Blog, you’ll find many articles discussing some of these proven techniques.
Not everyone can afford a reputable SEO consultant, especially for smaller websites, so most web site owners resort to the DIY methods.
One method that comes in the form of a tool and caught our attention recently is RankSense. RankSense is a piece of software that has gained a lot of popularity recently (and for good reason). This software is able to cover just about every aspect of SEO and will save you, as a site owner, tons of time.
SEO Tools included with RankSense:
- Discover Site Rankings – See which keywords bring users to your web site and see how many conversions they get for your site.
- Search Engine Coverage – Analyze your site’s search engine visibility.
- Detect Problem Pages – Detects, follows, and checks all links and shows broken links, dynamic pages, denials in robots.txt, and other errors that may be hurting your site.
- Sitemap Builder – Creates and submits an XML sitemap for search engines to discover.
- Keyword Selection – Identify and test potential keywords.
- Keyword Appraisals – See which keywords are better based on traffic, value, search volume, and conversions.
- Competitive Intelligence – Discover your top competitors for each and every keyword.
- Analyze Competitors – Analyze competitor web sites and learn what is working for the competition.
- Analyze My Site – Understand how search engines view the keywords on your site.
- On-Page Optimization Editor – Optimize your pages to maximize search engine leads.
- Link Structure Analysis – Learn from the structure of your competitors’ backlinks.
- My Link Structure Analysis – Understand the structure of your site’s backlinks.
- Link Text Analysis – See what anchor texts link to your competitors.
- My Link Text Analysis – Analyze the anchor texts linking to your site.
- Link Research – Find the URLs that to target for link exchange, sub-categorized by type (blog, directory, article, etc).
- Task Scheduler – Allows you to schedule and automate tasks.
- Search Analytics & SEO Progress Reports – Powerful, data rich reports providing detailed filtered report providing data on every aspect of your site’s optimization including search engines, rankings, landing pages, keywords, on-page metrics, off-page metrics, keyword, competitors and much, much more.
- Advanced Preferences –Identify preferred search engines, search the API, access market analysis keywords and competitor metrics, on-page keyword analysis metrics, common words, HMTL tags weight, keyword groups, human emulation filters, report header and footer and more.
Even if you’re not sure exactly what every feature listed above does, RankSense makes it simple by offering two modes: Smart Mode (easier) and Classic mode (advanced) and it’s great at walking novices through the wizard step-by-step.
Sign up today for your free trial, and if you decide to stay, use coupon: hostgator at sign up for a 20% recurring discount, and good luck on your rankings!