Pierre-Luc takes the cake on this one, and wins himself a free year of web hosting. We were looking to see who could get the craziest with a site, and this guy did it. So what was it that got our attention? Below is some screen shots if his ugly website as well as a list of the things he used that we liked, which would win anyone the lowest honor of ugly web design.
- Frames everywhere! How nuts could you go with frames on a site? This guy put them in little corners that you would have to really be looking to recognize.
- Completely bad grammar. If you want to have a site thats horrible, then use bad grammar if possible.
- The colors were sick. If you spent enough time looking at these colors you would go blind very quickly.
- Flashing images. The background as well as the flashing Gator image was great! Enough to give you seizures or just a bad headache.
- Use of multiple pages. Some pages had very few things and others had huge fonts, but we like the time spent making them.
- The funny factor. When you look at an ugly website, isn’t it just great to laugh? This website had a theme about wolves which made no sense, but was put together well.
Congrats Pierre-Luc! You have not only given us a solid headache from the flashing colors, but you took pride in your work, and showed us something so senseless about wolves that gave us a good laugh.
We also want to thank our other contestants, who put time and effort into their ugly sites as well. Don’t worry, we will have other contests in the future that you can take part in which we will be offering prizes for as well.
If you have not subscribed to our feed yet, now would be a great time to do so. We have a lot of good stuff on the way!