Office Tour

Written by Jay Weissman

Monday, May 28th, 2007

As some of you may or may not know, back in September of 2006 HostGator made the big move from a small 2000 square-foot office in Boca Raton, Florida, to a four-story 25,000 square-foot building in Houston, Texas. With it went 40 of the 50 HostGator employees, including myself! This was a huge change for HostGator and since then we’ve expanded to over 100 employees in-house. Imagine only 2 and a half years ago, HostGator had 6 in-house employees and an outsourced support team!

Unless you are currently in the Houston Area, you likely have not seen the office yet. So as I promised a hundred times on the forums, here are some pictures of the new office. (Finally!)

Pictures courtesy of our System Admin/Photographer extraordinaire Adam Dunin.

HostGator Headquarters in Houston, TX

HostGator Headquarters in Houston, TX #2Yep, that is one BIG gator up there. The sign took days to assemble, and caused our ears much grief as they drilled and hammered. Of course, no office is complete without its fair share of cubicles. And we have that covered.

Cubicles
More cubicles

the Not everything is about work, and after a hard day of keeping our servers from reaching meltdown status we head over to the game room to relax. Check out that pool table!

HostGator's game room
HostGator's gymHope you all enjoyed the tour, there is much more to come!

Gator Politics
Comments

98 Responses to Office Tour

1. HostgatorReview.org says:

supprise! first time i saw the photo of hostgator.com office building. It’s a wowwwww.

very outstanding!

2. ufopsi.com says:

Building looks great and modern. I regret though the cubicles, the most anti-social solution.

Would be nice to see pics of you.

3. Pingback: HostGator is Hiring at HostGator Blog | Gator Crossing

4. Dave says:

I like the double and triple monitors!
    The gym is a nice touch though it looks a little crowded lol.

On a side note for “Gator Favorites” I noticed you did not include http://www.DomainPeeps.com :)

5. Carla says:

Welcome to Houston! I love that my hosting company is now in my hometown.

I’m sure the humidity will make you feel right at home, but hopefully not as many hurricanes. :)

Come hang out in Kingwood for some of the events (www.kingwoodconnection.com and http://www.picniconthepark.com), both presented to the web on a Hostgator server.

6. Jason says:

I wanna work there!…

…where do I apply!?

-jason

7. Vivian says:

i likes that office partitions for each individual & snookers room which currently my office do not have one… we are sharing terminals everyday & no permanent seating :(

8. toppy says:

This building picure is fake! its computer rendered image!

9. Jeff says:

I saw the building on the way to Austin for the first time in June. Very impressive!

10. Rae says:

Was driving down the freeway and almost had a wreck when I saw the Hostgator sign on a building off the side of the freeway ;-), especially since I am searching for better, more reliable hosting and had heard nothing but good things about Hostgator. Couldn’t believe HG’s actually in my town!

11. Curt says:

Sounds like Toppy is a little jealous or optimistic!!!

12. ruben says:

necesitamos soporte tecnico en español.
    Need support in spanish!!!

13. john says:

I saw a Canadian flag and I like that cause I am from there ! good employer hire good employee from Canada WOW !

14. Jean-Luc says:

Nice building ;)

15. Adam D says:

The building is not fake. Its 100% real, I know I took the photographs =)

16. Miguel says:

i know spanish well, contact me if you need any help ;)
    yo hablo bien el español, contactame si nesesitan alguna ayuda ;)

17. Pingback: Employee Referral Program at HostGator Blog | Gator Crossing

18. Sam Kidd says:

Nice, I like the games room. Love the air hockey table. Nice touch

19. fred says:

Fred your an idiot. This is a internet business, you have no idea what country this guy lives in. Web Hosts and software companies have clients from all over the world. I’m tired of retards like you that jump to conclusions.

20. Mack says:

I was a little disappointed in the tour.

1. We didn’t get to see Brent’s office.
    2. We didn’t get to see the fridge.
    3. We didn’t get to see the restroom.
    4. Nobody was using the recreational facilities.
    4. We didn’t get to see what the view is looking out the windows.

These are all very important factors that were left out of the tour.

PS. Fred, you live in a country founded by immigrants. You’re an idiot.

21. bozebo says:

A P-P-P-POOL TABLE!!!! i wanna work for Hostgator lol..

Looks a bit dark in there doesn’t it? (prolly the camera’s auto correction thing)

22. Adam D says:

This is a very old tour. I was using natural lighting instead of flash cause the flash would have made things look bad. The office has greatly changed. Maybe I”ll snap some more photos soon. our new rec room is SICK!

23. Pingback: Whoot! » Blog Archive » Employee Referral Program

24. Karla says:

Why is soo dark?

25. HybridGene says:

And now we can see this bulding in google’s street view in their latest google earth version. It’s looking pretty nice, I’ve spent some time walking around and watching.

26. Karmen says:

WOW i didnt know you guys where in houston tx, thats where i live lol i havent seent he building, it must be in a nicer place. it looks hella nice :D

27. Adib Cervantes says:

It’s amazing the growup of host gator… congratulationssss

28. Xudikkor says:

HG looks like EA, minus the evil empire dark cloud hovering above everyone’s head.

29. Hmm..from the photo the gym room is a bit small. the equipments are arranged so tightly.

30. Nader says:

Hey guys,

I just found this blog :)

Just wanna say :

Great Support
    Great Host
    Great building :)

do i get free host ??? ;)

No really best hosting ever tried, been with the guys for over 2 years and never had a not resolved problem :)

keep the good work

31. urgator says:

good to see you having a nice workplace :D

32. I was just looking for a hosting company and saw a comment that I needed to send a reply for. I just saw a comment from an idiot called Fred regarding Ruben asking for support in Spanish. Just a MORON AND RETARD can still think that way where a web hosting business is now a global enterprise. FYI – according to the latest statistics, the number of Spanish speakers on the planet have surpassed the number of English speakers – Spanish is second only to Chinese now. I suggest that retard begins learning Spanish..because he will need it. In my case, I am fluent in English and Spanish to begin with…and other languages…and I love when a company makes the effort to speak MY LANGUAGE…the CUSTOMER LANGUAGE!

33. jagdeep says:

very good looking building and inside office looking very good peacefull environment . you are really no 1 hosting company.

34. Pingback: Anatomy of an Outage | HostGator Web Hosting Blog | Gator Crossing

35. Pingback: 200,000 Web Hosting Clients and Climbing | HostGator Web Hosting Blog | Gator Crossing

36. Dora says:

I want to work part-time here!!! This looks like a decent place to work at.

37. Coupons says:

Not bad at all..much better than my office!

38. cahpct says:

Wow amazing place , one day if I could be there..

39. Emilio says:

Ha! Envy me people… I will start to work for Hostgator this week. I found the job listed on http://www.houstonopolis.com – They are also hosted by Hostgator. Big freakin Gator as soon as you get off the elevators lawl!

40. Albert says:

Vow… Superb working environment. In India we could not see our working environment like this. In one 500 Square feet room, they have 10 computers and 10 employees are working. Oh my god, somebody invented air condition machine. Otherwise all IT professionals will become Sweating machine.

Ok.. Its all about Money and honey for any-thing.

41. Andom says:

I’m working with hostgator since 2006. I gone to the army just trusting to hostgator. None of my customers has been faced with difficulties when I was in army for 6 mounts.

Thank you host gator. For everythink please start uk based ip’s for us. uktest.hostgator.com. it will make us stronger. Best Regards

42. Deniz says:

Hostgator is mine and my firm http://www.netinial.com ‘s hosting provider. My 165 domain is hosting on hostgator.

My server is up for 30 days. It is amazing. Thank you very much hostgator.

43. Coupon says:

It’s a nice building!

44. Flawless skin says:

Wow amazing place , one day if I could be there..

45. ConsoleCodes says:

Nice looking building! Wicked you have a gym and games room as well.

46. Jose Franco says:

I am really looking forward to working with these guys. I am going to be starting in the class of March 22nd. So it should be interesting.

47. celeb gosip says:

wow its very amazing office, in Indonesian there is no such office

48. Gadgets News says:

wow.. the best place to work.. i wish i could be there.

49. jackie says:

the building isnt fake! walked by yesterday..i hope to work there someday….am motivated about everything host gator eating up the competition…a sure thing(please transfer your website to hostgator..its free)

50. serena says:

U are the best

51. Emma says:

Wow…nice office. Would love to be one of those working there..

52. Benny says:

Hi everyone. what an awesome facilities there that HG provide

53. James says:

I live in Houston. I have not seen the building, where is it located? the address or nearby? I can’t place it.

54. Gary the Motorhome Rentals guy - Renting hosting by Hostgator says:

Yes I wish I could work for you guys. When are you opening a branch in South Africa. Email me and I can become your distributor here. I will get you 1000 resellers I guarantee!

55. I wish, if I could be an employee of hostgator :)

56. I’m calling today to switch from GoDaddy to you. Other that ridiculously slow speed with GD and recommendations that I use you, the deciding factor was that you are here in town. I live in Spring Branch and work in the Heights. Do you allow customer visits?

57. Nailini says:

wowwww, I want to work here, Host Gator is fantastic

58. ravish p s says:

hi this is ravish from gubbi. i have see your office tour i like that bullding. and nature nice Bueaty.

besst

60. Angie says:

Ummm, I live in Houston. When can I come visit?

61. Bogdan says:

Hi everyone, really this is an nice job can say so,i would like to work there,i really wish this.
    Verry nice Hostgator good job

62. ์Nice place to work.
    Thank You To shared.

63. Angel H. says:

Is there job opening for entry-level candidates? I am currently enrolled at Coleman University’s Computer Networking program (Linux included). In addition, I also speak Spanish. Thank you.

64. SB says:

HostGator is hands-down the BEST place i have worked! I’m a new hire, and loving every minute of training, the people are nice and they treat their employees like PEOPLE should be treated. Did I mention they give FREEEEE lunch daily! the good stuff, game room is lovely and if you can beat the High Score on the Pinball machine you get a Gift Card! The dress code is relaxed and computers are fast! What else can you ask for.

65. Luis says:

I hope to work in a place like that in the future.

66. Man I would love ot work for hostagtor! Any offices opening in England? ;)

67. HostGator is probably the best web hosting company in terms of features offered, reliability, and uptime. No doubt that they are a bit expensive compared to the other cheap hosting companies out there (e.g. they do not offer a free domain name), yet I have the peace of mind with this company knowing that my website is in safe hands. I have been a happy customer of HostGator since 2005. The company has indeed experienced a phenomenal growth over the past 5 years. Customer support at HostGator is simply awesome! It was really nice to see the new gigantic office of HostGator. I wish HostGator a very successful future and hope that they will continue to serve us for many more years to come.

68. Lori says:

We host about 90% of our sites with HostGator. Love it. Customer service is excellent. Response to any issues are resolved in a very timely manner.

Great to see a small company grow into a successful business.

Thanks HostGator!

69. This place is very amazing. This environment is just perfect for a company like Hostgator.

70. Jaqueline says:

i want to know why don’t you have any offices in the state of california?

• Gatorcrossing says:

Labor costs, property taxes, state income tax, just to name a few.

• Inuyasha32812 says:

What about Florida? No state taxes, and it’s the prime hotspot for futuristic advancement around the Orlando / Maitland area. (Where E.A. Tiburon is located) :)

71. Mike says:

What about the salaries? Are they amazing too?

72. Alan says:

Thanks for the tour!

73. gatorhost says:

very nice offices , hope i can work there ;) .

74. hostgator says:

Great Hostgator!

75. ibcbet says:

Nice place I like hostgator.

76. randomtask says:

wow! i’m highly impressed with the building and laid back office environment! i used to work at godaddy and it was nothing like this!

77. Anonymous says:

Uh, looks pretty bland/boring.

78. Gatorcrossing says:

Old pics

79. Michel Staake says:

Awesome! Got a pic of the datacenter? Would be cool to see where my sites are floating around ;)

80. ikely have not seen the office yet. So as I promised a hundred times on the forums, here are some pictures of the new office.

81. Anonymous says:

Wohhh very nice office.

82. jermar monuments says:

Hi i was reading your post, it was such a awesome one specially the snaps well at the end just wanna say nice post thanks. ? Headstones | Monuments

83. federico ulfo says:

Great company and support! Is there any LAMP developer position in Hostgator?

84. This has got to be one the best decisions I have ever made to start using Host Gator. The only really constructive criticism I have is that there is no support for scripting. This does matter when you get the transfer team to move a server for you, but can’t work out the bugs to make it work on the HG server. Although the admins will usually do their best to make sure you are happy. OPEN UP SHOP IN JAPAN!!! You think I am kidding but the moment you come over to Japan you will take about 90% of business. The server and hosting over here especially Value Domain (xrea.coreserver) are the crappiest of crap. It is not if you build it they will come. If you come they will build.

85. Host gator is an inspiration to us little guys.

86. Harsha says:

I just want to work with this great office.. I love HOSTGATOR forever…..

87. Palak says:

I am using host gator from 2 year and not a single problem … and now i know company take care there person so well so they also work best..

88. I m missing the old picture of Host Gator office, Update some pics from the dormitory days… :)

89. Superiordiamonds says:

Ummm why do i see a Canadian Flag in your office ?

• WisTex says:

I just checked and it’s not there anymore. I wasn’t here in 2007 when the pictures were taken, so I have no idea why there is a Canadian flag there.

90. I love HostGator.. Since 2005 i have moved all the website of all the clients and companies i’ve worked with including my own companies to this webhosting and it has been great specially the customer support (chat)..

91. Vijay says:

Grate Customer Support……… I Love hostgator.

92. umar farooq says:

Awesome service by Hostgator…. Umar (Pakistan)